Sangjae Seo, Ph.D.
Mar 2003 - Feb 2010
B.S.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University
Mar 2010 - Feb 2012
M.S.E. in Department of Nano Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University
Mar 2012 - Aug 2015
Ph.D. in Department of Nano Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University
Sep 2015 - Aug 2016
Postdoc at Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University
Aug 2016 - Present
Researcher at Department of Materials Chemistry, Nagoya University
I am interested in molecular dynamics simulation and multiscale-multiphysics modeling. During my graduate course, I have worked on the protein modeling and nano material simulation using elastic network modeling, finite element method, lattice Boltzmann method and all-atom molecular dynamics simulation. Currently, I am studying the lipid membrane modeling using coarse-grained model, focusing on the phase separation and vesicle self-assembly.
International Journal Articles
- Lim, J.G., Sangjae Seo, Koo, J.M., Seok, C.S., Choi, J.B., Kim, M.K.,
“Parametric study for an optimal design of air plasma sprayed thermal barrier coating system with respect to thermal stress”,
Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 315, pp. 105-111, 2017
- Sangjae Seo, Kim, Y.J., Kim, H.K., Kim, M.K.,
“Effect on lipid layer on the water permeability of aquaporin”,
Biophysical Journal, Vol. 110, pp. 118a-119a, 2016
- Hoomin Lee, SangJae Seo, Minhyeok Kim, Jae boong Choi, Sun Min Kim, Tae-Joon Jeon and Moon Ki Kim,
“Opening and closing of a toroidal group II chaperonin revealed by a symmetry constrained elastic network model”,
Protein Science, Accepted, 2014
- Sangjae Seo, Y Jang, P Qian, Byeong Soo Lim, and Moon Ki Kim.
"Efficient prediction of protein conformational pathways based on the hybrid elastic network model."
Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling, 47, 25-36. 2014
- Kim, Minhyeok, Sangjae Seo, J.I. Jeong, Bumjoon Kim, Wing Liu, ByeongSoo Lim, J.B. Choi, and MoonKi Kim.
"A mass weighted chemical elastic network model elucidates closed form domain motions in proteins."
Protein Science, 22, 605-613. 2013
- Junmo Kang, Soonwhi Hwang, Jae Hwan Kim, Min Hyuck Kim, Jaechul Ryu, Sang Jae Seo, Byung Hee Hong, Moon Ki Kim, and Jae-Boong Choi,
“Efficient Transfer of Large-Area Graphene Films onto Rigid Substrates by Hot Pressing”,
ACS Nano, 2012, 6 (6), 5360–5365
- Min Hyeok Kim, Sangjae Seo, Wing Kam Liu, Byeong Soo Lim, Jae Boong Choi and Moon Ki Kim,
“A modal analysis of carbon nanotube using elastic network model”,
Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology,2012, 26 (11),3433~3438
- Sangjae Seo, Moon Ki Kim,
“KOSMOS: A Universal Morph Server for Nucleic Acids, Proteins and Their Complexes”,
Nucleic Acid Research, 2012, 40, W531-536
- PengFei Qian, Sangjae Seo, Junghoon Kim, Seungjae Kim, Byeong Soo Lim, Wing Kam Liu, Bum Joon Kim, Thomas Henry LaBean, Sung Ha Park and Moon Ki Kim,
“DNA Nanotube Formation Based on Normal Mode Analysis”,
Nanotechnology, 2012, 23, 104704
Domestic Journal Articles
- Seo, Sangjae, Min hyeok Kim, and Moon Ki Kim.
"Research trend on nano/bio vibration characteristics based on elastic network model."
Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 23, 4, 3-10. 2013
- Seo, Sangjae and Moon Ki Kim.
"Development of Medical Needle Insertion Simulator Using a Haptic Device."
Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, 8, 13-19. 2010